Joni Friedman is a licensed massage therapist and body worker:
• Nationally certified in Massage Therapy and Bodywork
• Certified in Touch Therapy for Premature and Medically Fragile Infants
• Certified in Medical Message, educated by Memorial Sloan Kettering, NYC
• Certified in Aromatherapy
• Graduate of the Swedish Institute of Massage Therapy
• Member of the American Massage Therapy Association
• Member of NARHA (North American Riding for the Handicapped)
• Ordained Spiritual Minister, Esoteric Interfaith Church
With more than 20 years in publishing as a vice president and art director and with a passionate interest in integrative medicine and holistic healing practices, massage therapy was a natural second career for Joni Friedman, owner of ummassage. "There is an art to everything we do and my practice integrates therapeutic massage with intuitive and thoughtful body work," she said.
Ms. Friedman tailors each massage by custom blending essential oils to suit the client's needs. Beyond her massage therapy license, Ms. Friedman is also certified in special massage therapy modalities, including medical massage for cancer patients, which boosts the immune system and relaxes the body, and touch therapy for premature and medically fragile infants. "Everyone can benefit from the right massage," she said.
When a client leaves her office, Ms. Friedman gives the client something for themselves to be used in stressful times. "For example, if someone has migraines, I'll show them a self-massage technique that can relieve their symptoms," she said.
Ms. Friedman's specially blended teas and bath salts are available for sale at the office. ummassage offers discounts to seniors, nurses and caregivers and house calls are available upon request.Call 917-566-6403 to make an appointment.
Excerpted from The Suffolk Times